Hi All! We have a fun DIY project in store for today – a satin rat tail cord wrap bracelet. You may have seen similar bracelets and necklaces at your local department store selling for over $200.
Items you will need:
2. Beads (2mm hole or larger)
3. Satin Rat Tail Cord
4. Rubber band
5. Ruler or measuring tape
6. Heavy item (like a paperweight)
1. Cut three 38″ satin rat tail cords
2. Tie a rubber band on the end of the 3 cords to hold them together
3. Secure the end with something heavy
4. Start braiding about 6″ of cord (approximately 3″ of braid)
5. Add a bead to the middle strand and braid
6. Add another bead to the next middle strand and continue braiding
7. Pull firmly but not too tight so that the beads stay in place
8. Bead and braid until you have approximately 6″ of cord left
9. Now braid the remaining cords without any beads
10. Tie a knot at the end of the braids
11. Cut at ends to even out the cords
12. Wear it as a bracelet or turn it into a necklace and enjoy!
When you purchase Pouchmart’s 200 yard rolls of satin rat tail cord, you can use them for many projects to come (more projects for satin rat tail cord on our blog as well). If you will be only making these wrap bracelets with our specifications listed on this post, then you can make approximately 67 bracelets with one roll.
If presenting this bracelet as a gift, remember that you can also find a variety of beautiful pouches at Pouchmart. We would recommend a 4″ x 5.5″ size for the bracelet.